Friday, September 16, 2011

Well we finally made it on the road! It took us until 3:30 in the afternoon to get on the road but now we are on our way for 14 days of bad craziness. We managed to make it to I-580 south heading toward I-5 south when we ran into winds of about 50 MPH. It was blowing the stuff on the roof so we pulled over to tighten the load down. When Shelley opened the rear hatch, the tarp was blown out of the Jeep and was last seen heading east toward Tracy at about 10 MPH. We didn't stand a change of catching it unless we wanted to run across the freeway. I was going to, but Shelley convinced me the tarp wasn't worth risking my life. It was close though. I hate losing a tarp!  We bought a replacement tarp in Bakersfield so we are whole again.

So now we are holed up at at Motel-6 in Mojave, waiting to head out for the London Bridge In Lake Havasu, AZ. We get to stay at a campground, complete with a campfire, lanterns in the night, a tent with cool fresh air, and the sounds of the night. Being in a motel is kind of like being in a cage. you have 4 walls and a bed. How dull. How confining. Give me the open outdoors any day.

Well Shelley is turning off the lights so I guess it's time to go to bed. More in the morning.

Tom






No comments:

Post a Comment