Friends! Romans! Countrymen! ... oops, sorry. Wrong crowd.
To Whom It May Concern: ooops, sorry. Too formal.
Hey, y'all! (ah, good. Most excellent!)
Y'all might know that I have a quilting blog, the Dread Pirate Rodgers. In that blog, I (mostly) talk about my quilting projects, but occasionally, I've put in some non-quilting stuff .... like chickens. :-)
Since my quilting blog is part of a globally distributed network, I don't really like to talk about non-quilting/family stuff ... cuz, like, who cares? :-)
Now that CMR & FDD are safely married (woo hoo!), Tom & I are ONCE AGAIN attempting to go on our Arizona buycott trip. I like to write about our trips and, in the past, have done so in a traditional journal. I always had the intention of transcribing those journals into a webpage/blog .... but you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and (wo)men. :-)
THEREFORE .... !!! ... *this* blog (http://tom-shelley-rodgers.blogspot.com) was created to capture non-quilting, family stuff that the rest of the entire world needs not know about. (ack ... what TERRIBLE grammatical structure that was, but .. eh. ::shrug::)
So, I urge y'all to subscribe to this blog (http://tom-shelley-rodgers.blogspot.com) so that you will be notified whenever there is a new entry. Of course, you can always simply bookmark this page and continue to check on it, but if we've been lazy bums and there's no new content, you'd be disappointed.
We wouldn't want to disappoint you now, would we? So ... do yourself a favor and SUBSCRIBE to this blog! You will be notified via the magic of computers whenever there's something new to read and you'll never miss an entry! Your life will be complete; all will be right with the world. The sun will shine and the birds will sing. Sid Vicious will continue to be the Mighty Hunter and keep the world at large free of vermin. :-)
As for what we are doing *right this very minute* .... we just took down the lights over the lawn that formed the virtual ceiling of the reception area. We're taking Zuggie over to the mechanic to fix a (hopefully) minor glitch in the whatchamacallit and on the way home buying food for the critters, so they can be fed whilst we are away. Once back on the ol' homestead, we will start to pull our gear for the trip so the Jeep can (eventually) be packed. Anticipated departure: Thursday morning.
Remember that saying about the best laid plans. :-)
Once we are on the trip, I hope that our stops will include places that have WiFi so that I can blog about the trip in an on-going manner and you can read about our Adventure almost as soon as we experience it ourselves. This post doesn't have any pictures but I expect the trip entries will have lots of eye-candy. :-)
While I anticipate that I will be doing most of the blathering, Tom may make a written appearance as well. You'll know immediately that Tom is the author, as his style of writing is distinctly different from mine. :-) He tends to say 'yep' and 'nope', whereas *I* tend to go on and on and on and on and on .... stop that sniggering! .... ad infinitum and ad naseum. :-)
Bottom line: subscribe to this blog and keep up with all the Bad Craziness that only the Rodgers can create. :-)
Oh .. and you'll be able to leave Comments, if you care to. Just be aware that EVERYONE will be able to read your comments. :-)
You are in my feed reader! I look forward to reports of your bad craziness. :)
ReplyDeleteawesome, possum. :-)
ReplyDeleteI do believe this means party at Mom & Dad's Friday night!! Hehehehe. ;)
ReplyDeleteJust remember the ground rules ... all party debris needs to be picked up and the status of the house AND property needs to look as though NOTHING HAD HAPPENED.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've marked all the liquor bottles in a very sneaky way in order to see if the level has changed from when we left.
Not that I don't trust you or anything. :-)